Rapid Evacuation Device...
Rapid Evacuation Device...
Rapid Evacuation Device Rapid Evacuation Device

Invented by a Firefighter.......

 

Lieutenant Rick Peters is a Firefighter, Paramedic and father of four.

He brings over 25 years experience in emergency response to the

design of BabyRescue / PetRescue. “Being trapped on an upper floor is terrifying.

Because I’ve seen it. I invented BabyRescue / PetRescue to give parents and pet owners

a way to have a fast, safe, and easy way to get their babies to safety."

 

You wouldn't go without a car seat--don't put your baby to bed without a BabyRescue in the room...

 

 

 

 

ABC Expo Las Vegas 2013

Half of children killed in fires are under age 5


Steve Sternberg, USA TODAY
Gannett News Service
February 13, 2011

 

National campaign to stress fire safety kicks off today

By Steve Sternberg, USA TODAY

Children age 4 and under, those least able to make their way to safety without help, account for roughly half of all childhood deaths and injuries suffered in fires, a federal report to be released today finds.

Children under the age of 5 made up 52 percent of the deaths of children under age 16 in fires in 2007, researchers for the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) found in analyzing the most current data. They were 46 percent of the injuries that year.

Researchers found deaths among the youngest of children increased 2 percent from 2004 to 2007. Next to drowning, deaths from fire and burns was the second-leading cause of accidental deaths outside of transportation accidents for children under age 15 in 2007. Nearly 510 children died in fires that year.

"Any fire death is unfortunate, but the greatest tragedy is when you see so many that affect children 4 years and younger," says FEMA director Craig Fugate.

With cold gripping much of the nation, fire deaths are mounting - often from electrical heaters, fireplace mishaps or candles used for heat and light during power outages, Fugate says. "In November, we started to see more residential fires," he says. "It seemed like very week we were seeing a multideath fire involving children."

Each year, more than 3,500 Americans die in fires and roughly 18,300 are injured, the National Fire Protection Association reports.

The FEMA report - drawn from the National Center for Health Statistics, the National Fire Incident Reporting System and the National Fire Protection Survey - says children account for 13 percent of all fire deaths and 11 percent of injuries.

Although children are less likely to die in fires than the population as a whole - with 8.3 deaths per million deaths among children under age 15 vs. 13.2 per million in the general population - the youngest children face the highest risk of all children of dying or being injured, federal statistics show.

Children 9 and younger accounted for 93 percent of deaths and 38 percent of injuries where the cause of a residential fire was reported to be "playing with a heat source," researchers say.

The lack of a working smoke detector has been linked with nearly 25 percent of fatal residential fires, though just 3 percent of homes do not have smoke alarms installed, the report says. Studies carried out in Australia and Canada have shown that sleeping children often do not react quickly enough when a smoke alarm goes off and must be roused by an adult.

"Little kids just can't get out by themselves, " Fugate says. "Kids need to be rescued. If the adults in the household don't know what's going on until it's too late, they're going to perish."

What's most distressing, says Mark Shriver, chairman of the National Commission on Children and Disaster, is that "we're trending upward. It's not getting better."

To turn the tide, Fugate says, FEMA, the commission and more than two-dozen other organizations will launch a national campaign today to promote fire safety. The federal agency will post safety tips and other information at www.ready.gov/kidsfiresafety. FEMA also is promoting a dialogue on Twitter, using the hashtag (POUND)kidsfiresafety.

Copyright 2011 Gannett Company, Inc.All Rights Reserved
Gannett News Service
 by Rana DiOrio, Founder, Little Pickle Press

Our neighbors at ABC Kids Expo 2010 are the inventors of BabyRescue™, a rapid evacuation device to save your children from harm in the event of an emergency. More often than you can even bear to think about, parents or childcare providers are forced to make the agonizing decision to either toss their young children out of the window of a burning building or risk perishing in the fire. Pet owners suffer the same horrifying dilemma.

Dave Hedequist and Rick Peters met in 1991 as rookie firemen in a Seattle area department. After 40 years of combined service as firemen and paramedics, they conceived the idea after recognizing the need in the field. They founded Safety International in 2009 and launched BabyRescue™ at ABC Kids Expo 2010. Now they have a US Patent on the product, a Trademark on its name, and they are meeting some heavyweights in the kids retail industry who all want to carry their product.

BabyRescue™ is made in America. Spread the word by Liking them on FB and following them on Twitter @BabyRescue. You wouldn’t dream of not having a smoke detector, a car seat, or a fire extinguisher, so you shouldn’t be without a BabyRescue™. I will be placing an order here: http://baby-rescue.com/contact-us/. Please consider doing the same.

NYC fire kills 5, being probed as possible arson

 

Associated Press Writer

NEW YORK —

 

A suspicious fire tore through a building that housed Guatemalan immigrants, gnawing gaping holes in the structure's backside, partially collapsing the roof and killing at least five people Saturday.

The early morning blaze at the Brooklyn building is being investigated as a possible case of arson because it started behind the door of the first-floor entrance to the building, New York City Fire Commissioner Salvatore Cassano said.

"That's not where a fire would normally start," Cassano said after surveying the devastation of the fire, which trapped residents and caused the interior walls to collapse. "That's why this is a fire that we are saying is very likely to be incendiary."

Four people in the building were injured, including an infant and a child who were tossed out the window by a woman frantically trying to save them. The infant was in critical condition with a fractured skull after bystanders below failed to catch him, officials and witnesses said. The other child landed on an awning.

At least one adult was hospitalized, and 13 firefighters were injured, none of them seriously, officials said.

The fire started at about 2:30 a.m. and flames quickly engulfed the three-story building on a busy commercial strip, consuming a ground-floor Japanese restaurant and two apartments on the upper floors. The stairwell between the floors collapsed, as well as part of the roof, trapping residents, according to fire officials.

As the fire raged, a woman held a baby boy out a third-floor window. Bars covered the lower half of the window, keeping the woman from climbing out, neighbor Juan Gabriel told The New York Times.

"She was screaming, 'Help me, help me,' " Gabriel said. Moments later, she threw the infant out the window to Gabriel and two other men.

In the darkness, the child fell to the ground, authorities said. She then tossed another child out the window. He landed on the awning below.

It wasn't immediately clear whether the woman survived the fire.

The fire was the deadliest in the city since March 2007, when 10 people from two Malian immigrant families, including nine children, were killed in the Bronx. Seventy-three people died in fires in 2009, the fewest number of fatalities recorded in more than 90 years.

Hours after the fire, in the Bensonhurst neighborhood near the rumble of an elevated subway, residents said they were shocked by the carnage and destruction.

 

Alex Lazaro, a Mexican man who works as a union organizer and lives in the neighborhood, said that the people who lived in the building were poor immigrants.

"They live very humbly and don't make enough to live in a better place," Lazaro said, standing on a sidewalk looking at the burned-out shell of the building, which was cordoned off.

Most of the building's residents were from Guatemala, Gabriel said.

For decades, the neighborhood was traditionally home to Italians and Jews, but in recent years immigrants from Russia, China and Latin America have moved in, residents said.

Hazel Deleon, who until recently worked at a health food store several doors from the building, said she was walking by this morning and stopped and "freaked out."

A lifelong resident of the neighborhood, she said immigrants in the building were packed together into the apartments.

"I would see them looking out the windows when I passed by," she said.

#babyrescue

Safely evacuates babies, small children, and pets in case of fire or emergency

NEW AND IMPROVED FOR 2013! NEWBORNS, INFANTS, TODDLERS, PETS!!

BabyRescue / PetRescue                                       

Portable

Weight limit: 75 lbs 

Maximum use height: 5 stories.....

Longer lengths Special Order 

Drop Shipping and Wholesale ordering available

Free replacement if used in an emergency!

Safety International LLC

POB 115

Roslyn, Wa. 98941

425.417.1460

 

BabyRescue featured. Louie Delaware. Americas Home Safety Guru.
Print Print | Sitemap Recommend this page Recommend this page
© Safety International LLC